Last updated: September 2, 2021
Information we collect and why:
Audvisor collects the following information from our users, either through the Mobile App or Website, in order to provide the Audvisor services:
1. Information You Provide Us: We receive and store any information you enter on our Web site or provide to us through our Mobile App. We require certain information from you, such as e-mail address and password that you create, when you sign up with Audvisor and create your account (“User Account”). Once you create an account with us, you will be able to purchase upgrades of our Mobile App through the Mobile App itself. At this time, Audvisor will also collect your name, credit card information, and billing address.
However, you may also provide us with certain information that is not required to use our service. For example, we may collect your name and email address if you sign up for our newsletters. While you are not required to provide us any information while you visit our Website, you may not be able to take full advantage of our Website if you decide not to provide us certain information. We will use the information provided by you to provide our services to you, to personalize your Audvisor experience, and to communicate with you.
2.Information collected by our Website: We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us through our Website. For example, like many Web sites, we use “cookies,” which may provide us certain information as detailed in our policy on cookies listed below.
3.Information collected by our Mobile App: Audvisor collects certain information on our user behaviors such as what Insights the user liked or listened to, Sorting Topics, or Experts (as defined below) so that Audvisor can tailor the recommendations that we give. This data is associated only with the User Account that the user creates upon signing up with Audvisor, and no other personal information is collected or monitored.
- “Insights” is an audio file originated by a thought leader that offers wisdom pertaining to a particular topic.
- “Topics” are A group of Insights with similar subject matter that are being described or discussed.
4.Information from Other Sources: We might receive information about you from other sources and add it to our account information. For example, we may collect certain profile information from social media sites such as Facebook when a user shares an Insight on that social media site.
5. Information We Receive from Your Use of Our Services: We provide a variety of services that enable you to effectively manage the contact that you provide to us as part of the Services. Contacts typically contain information on individuals (or organizations) including names and phone numbers. Contacts may also be collected when you submit Contacts through our API. This includes both APIs for directly managing contacts as well as APIs for lookup or search. Other users may elect to share their insights or playlist or can chat with you. Audvisor do not store your Contacts on the Server.
Cookies and Data Analytics:
Cookies: Audvisor uses “cookies,” which are small text files placed and used by web browsers or mobile apps to remember your preferences and settings. Audvisor collects certain information about your visits such as your IP address, browser type, and the referring website of your visit. Users can change their browser settings to stop accepting cookies or to prompt you before accepting a cookie from the websites. However, if your browser does not accept cookies, you may not be able to easily access all aspects of our Website or Mobile App.
- For Experts: We collect information about your use of our app (for example, your likes and what Insights you listened to), to provide statistics to our experts. Our experts (“Experts”) are the contributors of our Website and Mobile App who provide Insights for our other Audvisor users to enjoy. Experts can view statistics, which include anonymized and aggregated information about your use of and activity on the Audvisor Mobile App, in order to compare the Expert’s own performance against other Experts.
- To Improve our service: We may collect information about your use of our app and visits to our website, which is then used on an anonymized, aggregated basis for analytics purposes. This information is used strictly for analytics purposes and to help us improve our features and quality of service.
If you do not agree to the collection of such data for the analytics purposes listed above, you should not use our services.
Our Information Sharing Policy:
Audvisor values your privacy and will not share your information with others except as described below:
1.Third-Party Service Providers: Audvisor might employ other companies and individuals to perform certain functions on our behalf so that we can provide our services to you. For example, we may have a service provider send e-mails, remove repetitive information from customer lists, analyze data, provide marketing assistance, provide search results and links (including paid listings and links), process credit card payments, fulfill orders, and provide customer service. The service providers we employ may only use the data they access to perform their functions we employ them for.
2.Protection of Audvisor and Others: Audvisor will release your account and other personal information if we reasonably believe in good faith that it is necessary to comply with the law or law enforcement agencies; to enforce our Terms of Service or any other agreement; to protect the rights, property, or safety of Audvisor, Audvisor’s users, or others. This includes, but is not limited to, responding to court orders or subpoenas, or providing information to other companies for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
3.With Your Consent: Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when information about you might go to third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information. For example, Audvisor uses social media networks such as Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn to allow users to share their embedded audio files of a particular Insight with a personalized message. The User will be prompted to confirm each time that they will be sharing a specific Insight on any given social media network.
4.Change of Control: If we sell or reorganize all or part of our business, we may need to disclose user information to a third party who acquires our assets, as permitted by law.
Audvisor values your privacy and works hard to protect your information. Audvisor follows the below practices regarding data security in order to keep your information safe: will not share your information with others except as described below:
1.We work to protect the security of your credit card information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
2.We reveal only the last four digits of your credit card numbers when confirming an order. However, Audvisor will transmit the entire credit card number to the appropriate credit card company during order processing.
Third-Party Advertisers and Links to Other Websites:
Our site does not include third-party advertising or links to other Web sites.
Your Control Over Your Information:
Audvisor gives you access to your account information through your User Account. You will be able to correct or update your information in your own User Account as described below. The following describes your options with regards to the information you provide to us:
1.You can always choose not to provide information, however, this may limit the use of our Audvisor Mobile App or Website if we need certain information to provide our services to you.
2.You can add or update certain information such as email address and password on your User Account.
Our Policy Regarding Children:
Audvisor does not limit the use of our Mobile App to children. However, if you are under the age of 18, you use Audvisor only with the involvement of a parent or guardian. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with personally identifiable information without their consent, he or she should contact us at [email protected]
Signing up with Audvisor: